November 2, 2011

Kodubale




I remember having this snack in my childhood but I had forgot its name until recently wen I bought this snack from Indian grocery. I wanted to try this at home and found a recipe @ Aayis recipes. The taste was good but not as very good as the store bought one. Also few rings turned dark in the beginning bcos of the heat. So I reduced the heat later and then it came well. I thought adding rava/sooji also makes it turn dark soon. So next time, I'm planning to try it without sooji.

If you have enough time and patience its worth trying this as it took a lot of time for rolling the rings; maybe I was slow...:) . I'm  happy that my kid also helped me in making some rings and he made his own shapes of alphabets.













Ingredients:

1 cups rice flour
1/2 cup maida (all purpose flour)
1/2 cup rava/sooji
1 tea spn moong dal
1 tea spn urad dal
1 tea spn chana dal
3 red chillies
2 tea spns dry coconut (kobbari)
1 tea spn coriander seeds
1 tea spn cumin seeds
Oil
Salt


Procedure:

Dry roast rice flour, maida(all purpose flour), rava/sooji for few minutes and keep it aside.

Heat oil and add moong dal, urad dal, chana dal, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, coconut for few minutes. Take care not to burn anything. Grind to a smooth paste using just enough water.

Add the paste to the flour mixture. Add salt, 1 tbsp hot oil and make a dough. Add water if needed

Make small balls of the dough and roll them as thin strings and join them at the ends to make a circle.
Make the rings ready and fry them in oil on medium heat. They get soft if they are not fried well, so make sure to fry them till they are little dark in color.

Store in air tight container.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

User Comments & Reviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...